Starting a Non-Profit and Filling for 501(c)(3) Status
If you're starting a new not-for-profit organization we can help you prepare your organization's 501 (c)(3) application for tax-exempt status. Here's what's needed...
- Articles of Incorporation containing the Exempt Purpose Statement as described in IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and defined in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph d and the Dissolution Statement described in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph b subparagraph 4 ("Organizational Test").
- Employer Identification Number
- By-laws of the Organization
- Minutes of Board Meetings
- Names, Addresses, and Resumes of Board Members
- Names and addresses of all Active Members
- Inventory of Assets like cash, furniture, equipment, property, pledges...
- Inventory of Liabilities like mortgages, accounts payable, loans...
- Rent/Lease Agreements and Contracts
- Revenue and Expense Statements for the last four years or as far back as possible if your organization has been in existence for less than four years.
- Written Reason for Formation and History of the organization.
- Organization Mission Statement or Statement of Faith or Beliefs for Churches and other Religious Organizations.
- Organization Activities, Operations and Programs Documentation including your statement of purpose & operations, food programs, fundraisers, flyers/brochures/pamphlets...
- Financial Support Documentation including all sources of revenue like contributions, tithes, offerings, fundraisers...
- Fund Raising Program Descriptions
- IRS Processing/Filing Fee
We are happy to prepare any of these items if you need help.
Let us help you setup and/or maintain your non-profit tax-exempt status by requesting a Free Consultationbelow.