We can help you setup and maintain your non-profit organization's tax-exempt status by handling all the IRS reporting for you. Each year the IRS requires most tax-exempt organizations to submit the Form 990 and its relations, which includes the following items.
The IRS uses these very specific revenue and expense classifications to determine if your organization will retain its tax-exempt status. So it's imperative that you build your accounting system around these revenue and expense classifications.
Here's what we do for you...
• Review and compile your financial statements
• Design, install, and maintain your Accounting System
• Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payroll preparation
• Payroll Tax Preparation and Deposits
• Provide training for your accounting personnel
• Complete and file your non-profit status application
• Prepare and file the 990 and 990T tax forms
• Provide training for your board on non-profit financial statement usage and effective budgeting practices.
• Prepare your initial start-up documentation, including incorporation, federal employee identification number (FEIN), and payroll setup with federal and state agencies.
• Churches: We prepare the pastoral housing allowance and other required benefit documentation to meet the complex dual status of ministers.
If you're starting a new not-for-profit organization we can help you prepare your organization's 501 (c)(3) application for tax-exempt status. Here's what's needed...
• Articles of Incorporation containing the Exempt Purpose Statement as described in IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and defined in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph d and the Dissolution Statement described in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph b subparagraph 4 ("Organizational Test").
• Employer Identification Number
• By-laws of the Organization
• Minutes of Board Meetings
• Names, Addresses, and Resumes of Board Members
• Names and addresses of all Active Members
• Inventory of Assets like cash, furniture, equipment, property, pledges...
• Inventory of Liabilities like mortgages, accounts payable, loans...
• Rent/Lease Agreements and Contracts
• Revenue and Expense Statements for the last four years or as far back as possible if your organization has been in existence for less than four years.
• Written Reason for Formation and History of the organization.
• Organization Mission Statement or Statement of Faith or Beliefs for Churches and other Religious Organizations.
• Organization Activities, Operations and Programs
• Documentation including your statement of purpose & operations, food programs, fundraisers, flyers/brochures/pamphlets...
• Financial Support Documentation including all sources of revenue like contributions, tithes, offerings, fundraisers...
• Fund Raising Program Descriptions
• IRS Processing/Filing Fee
Let us help you setup and/or maintain your non-profit tax-exempt status by requesting a Free Consultation below.
We're happy to help!
Simply fill out the form and we will be in touch with you within 1-2 business days.
If you would like immediate assistance, please call our office at 405-759-2796.